List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status and release goals for 2.0 round-up
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-18 17:39:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Sunday 18 March 2007 14:48, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> What with KDE getting a release schedule up for KDE 4.0 and us having
> already spent about a year on KOffice 2.0, it's time to get a little
> insight in how far we are already and what still needs to be done so we can
> release KOffice 2.0.
>
> First: this is about 2.0. 2.0 is supposed to be a nice, innovative, fun &
> desirable release, but _not_ the end of KOffice development. We need to
> have the basic platform ready, the apps useful and usable, but we do _not_
> have to have implemented every cool idea and feature we're able to think
> of. Like, and this may come as a shock to some, KWord probably won't have a
> table feature (apart from an embedded KSpread flake) and Krita probably
> won't have a freely rotatable canvas or a feature set to rival photoshop.

I don't believe in email as a carrier for TODO lists. It doesn't work, really.
I put all my TODOs in korganizer and give them priorities. Priority above 5
means they are not required for the 2.0 release. Priority below means they
are.  Priority 5 is questionable or yet unassigned.

I believe in huge TODO lists for tiny items, where you can continuesly adjust
the priority based on 'customer' feedback. The direct effect is that if you
have no more prio-1/2 items left you can do a beta release.

Anyway; you can take a look at a PDF that korganizer created.  Some major
items are actually on the wiki and on EBN and not in the TODO list. But this
is pretty complete on the whole. (except for bugfixing new code, obviously)

--
Thomas Zander

["kofficeAndKWordTodos.pdf.zip" (application/x-zip)]