List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: icons in koffice
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-14 3:36:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On March 12, 2007, you wrote:
> This is probably because I have a cr22-action-select.png which is installed
> as a crystal icon, and should probably be called differently for koffice to
> find it normally.
> Note that we do have a
>  KIconLoader::global()->addAppDir("koffice");
> in our KoApplication class.
>
> Can you give me some advice on how to best proceed?

the issue is that in kde4 the default theme is oxygen, not crystalsvg. simply
mv'ing the icons from share/apps/koffice/icons/crystalsvg to
share/apps/koffice/icons/oxygen should do the trick to restore usage of the
koffice icons. the question is how to implement that in the kde build system.

that said, i've been discussing how to deal with a related though different
set of issues with the amarok team. i'd like to add a mechanism to
kiconloader where the application can conditionally define it's own icon
theme directory name, so that if the current theme does not have the icons
needed it will overlay the app defined theme from the app's icon dir.

p.s. i'm on the koffice-devel list, no need to cc further. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se