List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Karbon printing problems
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-03-03 2:53:56

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

CORRECTION, I have tried so many things today that I have become a bit
confused.

> The short story is that this will not print correctly:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/OG/ogp_open_window_logo.karbon

Actually, the problem is that it can't be converted to a vector
PostScript file.  If you print it with a bit map, it works.

So, with Karbon, this problem occurs when saving as EPS.

> The long story is that this isn't a simple problem.  It appears to me
> that the error occurs when preparing the PostScript file.

Normally, you would expect that when you print a vector format to
PostScript that you would get a vector format PostScript file.  Which is
what is needed here so that the image can be enlarged.

> Since InkScape does almost exactly the same thing, it appears that the
> problem may be with PostScript.

Note that InkScape gives you the choice of vector or bitmap PostScript.
  This is a good feature.  Also, it allows you to set the DPI for a
bitmap  image.  Also a good feature.

IAC, you get exactly the same vector PostScript problem with InkScape.

--
JRT