List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-02-28 6:40:52

Hello Thomas,

> SVN commit 637712 by zander:
>
> First (simple) version of connections between shapes.
> This is just playing around, not much in API stability yet.

Cool, but I think a connector should be a flake shape and not a special kind
of object.

The reason for is that in ODF it is handled like a shape. e.g. it needs a
z-index to know when it needs to be painted. If it is a shape it can use all
that is there for shapes and no need for special handling e.g. for loading
and saving and no need for the extra stuff you added to the KoShapeManager.

I think it should be a KoPathShape as the things that are possible to do with
a connector is what a KoPathShape can do.

Could you please change it to a KoPathShape?

Thorsten