List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake Resize
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2007-02-25 11:47:37

On Saturday 24 February 2007 07:34, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I have tested your patch and found some problems:
>
> If you select more than one shape and resize them all they are resized by a
> different value. This can be easily seen when you use 2 ore more rects of
> the same size.
>
> Also the move of
>
>         keepAspect = keepAspect || shape->keepAspectRatio();
>
> to the shape loop will only keep the aspect of the shapes after the first
> shape has this property set. Before it is kept for all shapes when one
> shape has it set.
>
> I think the solution to the problem might be not so hard. I might be wrong
> here but I think the following code from the original code is to blame:
>
>         // construct the matrix tranformation we apply to the shape
>         QMatrix m = (QMatrix().rotate(shape->rotation())) * matrix  *
> (QMatrix().rotate(-shape->rotation()));
>
> Why is only the rotation taken into account but not the shearing/skaling?
> Maybe Casper can tell us more?
shearing because it was never done :)

scaling is iirc part of the "matrix" in the equation

> Also one think I noticed is that most commands cannot be undone as. This is
> due to only having a KoShapeMoveCommand and a KoShapeSizeCommand but no
> commands for all the other properties that have changed.
Again I never got that far, but each of these commands should remember all
properties as you cannot seperate them.

I though I'd made a rotate command though.

> One more question. Do we want to rotate the bounding box with the shapes if
> there is more then one shape selected? I think most operations work quite
> well (not perfect) if you reselect the shapes after e.g. a rotation.
We definitely want to rotate (and shear and scale) the bounding boxes. Direct
manipulation and feedback rules :)
--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann