List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Notes on koffice unit tests
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-02-12 10:45:36

Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Monday 12 February 2007 00:45, Jaham wrote:
>> On Sunday, 11. February 2007 22:22, Thomas Zander wrote:
>>> The basic things that is going wrong now is that drawing of nested shapes
>>> is done by the shapeManager.  While my idea was to let them be painted by
>>> the shapeConnection.  Direct effect; they are painted twice.  And in
>>> different places as well.
>> Don't know what you mean by shapeConnection. You probably mean the shape
>> containers?
>> Please correct me if i am wrong, but i understand it that only shapes
>> without a parent (top level shapes) are painted from the shape manager, all
>> child shapes are painted from their parents respectively. That would fix
>> the painting of hidden shapes, because painting is done hierarchically.
>
> If I'm not wrong this is only true for KoShapeGroup shapes. If you have layers
> and you have four objects they can be painted like the following:
>
> shape layer z-order
> one   1     1
> two   2     2
> three 1     3
> four  2     4
>
> The painting can not be done by the container as that would paint as the
> following:
>
> shape layer z-order
> one   1     1
> three 1     2
> two   2     3
> four  2     4
>
> So I think this 2 cases have to be done differently.
>
> Thorsten

Indeed. For that to work correctly we need a bottom up approach. So the
shape manager has to do all the painting.
First sort all shapes by z-order, then for each shape it has to go up
the nesting hierarchy to check if the shape is visible or clipped. If
the shape or one of its parents or grandparents is not visible the shape
is not painted. If the shape is clipped or one of its parents or
grandparents is clipped the shape manager has to compose the resulting
cliprect from the top parent to its own direct parent and use that for
drawing the shape.