List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: krita doesn't compile
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-27 12:44:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:35, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 27 January 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I guess the biggest question in my mind here is why krita adds assembler
> > to svn. Which is just evil for porting to the multitude of platforms KDE
> > should run just fine on.  I mean, if it already fails on the second most
> > used platform (amd64) what will this do on, for example, sparc
> > processors..
> >
> > :(
>
> Why? Because otherwise we cannot scale fast enough.

the 'we' in that sentence is pretty funny.
So you move to a solution that works on your machine, but doesn't wok on 4 CPU
platforms we support. (not sure how many we support, may very well be more
than that).

What is your long term strategy? Or at least for 2.0 Any idea how to make
painting more smooth for people that can't use your hand-optimized code for
scaling?
--
Thomas Zander