List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KoTextParag data structure
From:       "Sunny Sun" <sunnyawake () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-20 3:06:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

i'm a java programmer from China, not familiar with qt, so maybe the
following questing seems stupid.

when i browse KoText source, i find KoTextParag uses KoTextString as text
data, which uses Q3MemArray<KoTextStringChar>. the KoTextStringChar is a
wrapper around QChar, so every char in a paragraph is an object. i think
this is the case for all apps that use KoText lib.

is this kind of a big waste and terribely ineffient? since koffice 2.0 just
started, why don't we redesign this core part?

(in fact we're developing an office using java, EIOffice. at present it is
not perfect, but we are very careful of very byte usage when designing our
data structure.)