List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Using KChart
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-01-19 13:10:28

> You might very well be correct.  On the other hand, why shouldn't we be
> able to use flakes in a dialog?  For instance, I want to create a new
> configuration dialog for kchart with a chart preview in it. I can see other
> uses for previews in dialogs, and the most natural way to do that would be
> flakes, I suppose.

Well for that special case, I guess you can embedd a
KoCanvasForFlakeOrWhateverWidget in the dialog and deal with the extra
complexity. On the other hand, if it's for the configuration of the chart, my
personnal opinion on the matter is that the preview should be the actual
chart, and the option could be in docker (or still in a dialog ala macos X or
whatever the KDE UI Guide lines / Usuability expert will decide is best).

--
Cyrille Berger