List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Using KChart
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-01-18 13:54:52

> I really don't understand which advantages we could expect from doing this
> instead of helping kchart along. It would be much better for koffice at
> large to help with creating a flake shape from kdchart instead of importing
> yet another -- less capable -- chart widget.
kdeeduplot is _not_ a chart widget. It's a simple plot widget. As thomas
allready mentionned, the use cases are quiet different. I have no idea what
the kplato folks want to do. But in krita, I need to plot the response curve
of the camera in a dialog, I can't care less for opendoc support, and
including a flake or a kpart in that dialog is cucumbersome. And opendoc
support is also useless in my case.

For me, we need both widget. One for simple stuff, and an other one for more
sofisticated display and opendoc support.

--
Cyrille Berger