List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-01-17 7:31:30

> > Second time you propose to move that lib.  While the consensus in koffice
> > surely has always been in another direction :(
>
> Sorry? What concensus and what direction? If easy color management is
> useful for more applications than just koffice applications it makes sense
> to make it available, doesn't it?

Yes but,
 - some of us thinks that kofficelib in a whole must aim toward reusability
and be binary compatible, and treated as a top module (I can think of use of
flake and kostore outside koffice)
 - I don't target pigment to guarantee BIC before a long time (between Ko2.1
and Ko2.2), mostly because the main class of pigment is KoColorSpace which is
full of "virtual" function, while with the recent API change, using
slots/qInvokeMethods (to simiulate virtual) will have a less important impact
on the speed of the library, but I do find this painfull and horrible.

--
Cyrille Berger