List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Extra font scaling? (Re: koffice/kspread)
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-01-14 17:52:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Sunday, January 14, 2007 06:22:52 PM Thomas Zander wrote:
> In Qt 4 you never will have to alter the font size as you did in kspread
> before.
> All scaling is done using the QPainter::scale() method. Which works fine.
>
> This is the biggest reason I asked you to consider implementing kspread
> being based on flake-shapes as it will make all those scaling issues go
> away because flake (and the QPainter) take care of that for you.

KSpread uses QPainter's scale method nowadays. :)

To bring it to the point: I'd like to let the fonts of the cell content at
100 % zoom have the same size as those in the tool-/menubar. And that's not
the case, if I just rely on QPainter::scale() (see attached sreenshot). If I
do the extra scaling it fits well. The difference is marginal, but it exists.
And my crystal ball tells me, that users will ask about that fact. (They did
already about the font size of the headers in the dot article, as you may
know.)
The scaling factors of KZoomHandler depend on X's dpi (aka. ppi) info. For me,
it's 86x86 dpi. But others may have higher value (about 100 or similar),
which extends the discrepancy.

Regards,
Stefan

["font.jpg" (image/jpeg)]