List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] fix some csv issues
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-01-13 20:56:23

Leo Savernik wrote:

> Before KOffice 1.6 is frozen for good, I'd like to point out a few
> shortcomings of the current csv-importer/exporter.
>
> - Config dialog's settings are not remembered. #132462
> - Content is garbled regardless of encoding when finally opening a
> csv-file (preview is ok).
> - Only Unix-newlines are exported, regardless of export setting.

You do not have to be interested in this, but these issues are not existing in
Kexi's fork of this importer/exporter (to be merged one day).

A minor remaining question is: line endings. The standard require \r\n. In
Kexi I do not even ask about that (yet?). In KSpread, \n\r could be the
default instead of \n.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek