List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-06 8:57:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 06 January 2007 03:32, Robert Knight wrote:
> > (i.e. no images in kword if they don't install krita)
>
> Do you mean "no editing of images" or "no viewing of images"?

No images in a kword document when krita is not installed.

KWord and all KOffice apps will always have vectors and text shapes, thats
part of the libs.
We should therefor aim to have templates be vector based for their artwork.

Companies that want a (bitmap) logo in there will just have the whole koffice
suite anyway, so its no problem for them.
It tends to be technically inclined people that manage to install "just" one
or two applications instead of the whole suite.  I expect most people to just
look at the fact the whole takes an acceptable amount of MB and just install
the whole thing.
--
Thomas Zander