List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    music flakes (was Re: a music notation program integrated with
From:       Wilbert Berendsen <wbsoft () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2007-01-03 19:12:07

Hello,

I'm now subscribed to this list.

Yes, what I am thinking is writing something like a "Flake" for music
notation. It would be very nice if I also could use other things, like
page/paper handling, text styles, etc. from the KOffice libs.

Can a flake span multiple pages (i.e. the flake reports where it could be
split across page boundaries?). This way an embedded piece of music can be
split between music systems automatically when e.g. KWords asks it to. This
is an important feature to me.

Of course the music app would handle it's own page breaking when creating
larger scores, but for making educational books, or liturgy text books KWord
might be a better basis, but still the music could span more than one page.

Best regards, and thanks for pointing me in the "flake" direction :-)
Wilbert Berendsen

--
http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/
        -- Mahatma Gandi