List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KoXmlReader
From:       Alfredo Beaumont <alfredo.beaumont () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-26 23:17:42

Asteartea 26 Abendua 2006 23:44(e)an, Ariya Hidayat(e)k idatzi zuen:
> > I see a problem to use it with KFormula though. Documentation says
> > KoXmlReader is read-only, and there's a pair of places where I did a
> > small QDom manipulation due to MathML defining some equivalent notation.
> > Is there an easy way I can handle this ? Is it possible, for example, to
> > do some quick KoXmlReader -> QDom -> KoXmlReader of a subtree ? Otherwise
> > I can just avoid that QDom manipulation.
>
> No, that's currently not possible.
>
> Could you please point out the code which does that manipulation?
> Perhaps I can then think of some workaround.

bracketelement.cc (in 1.6 branch, not yet in trunk) ->
BracketElement::readContentFromMathMLDom()

from

// if it's a mfence tag, we need to convert to equivalent expanded form.
// See section 3.3.8

to the end of the block (forget about the while loops, that will change to
foreach). Basically it does the following conversion. From:

<mfenced>
 <mi>x</mi>
 <mi>y</mi>
</mfenced>

to:

<mo>(</mo>
<mrow>
 <mi>x</mi>
 <mo>,</mo>
 <mi>y</mi>
</mrow>
<mo>)</mo>

Anyway, not sure that conversion instead of parsing twice worths a change in
KoXmlReader.

Cheers!
--
Alfredo Beaumont Sainz