List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Creating dockers
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-16 8:44:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I just looked at the sources and see we now have two methods of creating a
docker window.
One is poorly designed and should be deprecated; the other solves issues like
split views still having only one docker.

The user api for both is in KoView.
Deprecated; QDockWidget * createDock(const QString & title, QWidget * w);
Suggested: QDockWidget *createDockWidget(KoDockFactory* factory);

The usage of the correct one is pretty simple;
    KoShapeSelectorFactory shapeSelectorFactory;
    createDockWidget( &shapeSelectorFactory );

I found usages of the deprecated one in Karbons view. wetPlugin,
scriptingpart.cpp, histogramdocker.cc. And maybe more.

Anyone up for a refactor?
--
Thomas Zander