List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    accessibility example.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-12 11:23:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

As one of the ways someone can have a disability is that he or she can not
type, or use the mouse there are input methods that allow you to 'type' using
only a joystick.
The physical joystick may be connected to the chin of someone that doesn't
have any motor control in his hands, for example.

I found this Java applet on the blog of peter korn (a sun accessibility guy)
so I suggest all developers to try this out to see what people can use
to 'type' even without a keyboard. After all, seeing it in action gives you a
lot better understanding of the problems facing a11y :)

http://blogs.sun.com/korn/entry/dasher_as_a_java_applet
--
Thomas Zander