List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kpresenter documentation
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-12-09 4:20:05

On Friday 08 December 2006 17:30, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the kpresenter documentation says:
>
> Format -> Group Objects
> "If you are drawing, you might want to make something out of several
> rectangles or circles. Arrange the individual parts where you want them,
> select one, then hold down the <keycap>Shift</keycap> key as you click in

that should be the Control instead of Shift. as with that you can select
additional objects.

> the others you want to group together. Click <guimenuitem>Group
> Objects</guimenuitem> and from then on they act as if they are just one
> thing. It glues things together."
>
> Seems to be wrong in 1.6.1:
> The menuitem Group Objects is only enabled, when there are more than one
> object in the current selection.
>

> Format -> Shadow Objects...
> Click <guibutton>Apply</guibutton> to see the result.
>
> Seems to be wrong in 1.6.1, I see the changes in color, direction and
> distance immediately, no need to click the button "Apply"-
> The button "Apply" seems to be useless and could be removed.
>
> Same for "Rotate Objects" from the popup menu.

The Apply button shows the result for all selected objects without leaving the
dialog. So after you change something in the dialog you can see with apply if
that is what you want. If not you can change the settings again without the
need of reopening the dialog. The apply is not there for the preview but for
the selected objects.

> Change the docs? or broken Installation (recent stable)?

It would be great if you could update the first point you made.

I hope this clears things up if not please ask again so that we are sure we
talk about the same things.

Thanks for your help.

Thorsten