List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Most of the colorspaces are back !
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2006-11-25 11:06:59

> Naturally we can release the plugins as gpl without affecting the libs.
>
> Otherwise it would be possible for anyone to force any app with a public
> plugin structure to become gpl (some people might like that but I'm pretty
> sure no court would ever allow that)

I am not sure what you mean, but for instance you can't write a GPL plugin for
photoshop. If the host apps doesn't have a GPL compatible licence you can't
write GPL plugins (unless the plugins are running in different processes and
the interface is GPL compatible of course). But that's completely off topic.
As for kolourpaint, which is bsd, it can links against pigment and remains
bsd. But as soon as some users wants to use one of the plugins colorspace the
binary becomes GPL.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---