List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Most of the colorspaces are back !
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2006-11-25 9:43:05

On Saturday 25 November 2006 10:26, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 09:04, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > This is very interesting.   But how are you getting around the GPL
> > > problem?
> >
> > what problem ? pigment is LGPL and plugins are GPL.
>
> KOffice libs is (suppost to be) completely LGPL so people can just use the
> libs without license worries.
>
> I recall something like you say being possible, but I'd appreciate a
> README.license in the colorspaces directory stating what is done and why
> its possible, maybe pointing to the sections of the LGPL that allow this to
> avoid any hard questions later.
Naturally we can release the plugins as gpl without affecting the libs.

Otherwise it would be possible for anyone to force any app with a public
plugin structure to become gpl (some people might like that but I'm pretty
sure no court would ever allow that)

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann