List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.6.1 postponed
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-08 18:01:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 18:09, Jannick Kuhr wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2006 11:46 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > There are a couple of problems with the KOffice 1.6.1 tarball and l10n
> > tarball(s). Since our release dude hsa been called away for to Paris and
> > doesn't have net access for a week, we've decided to postpone the release
> > a week (and retag, so we can pick up bug fixes in the meantime).
> >
> > My apologies for the inconvience and the work you guys have already put
> > into this.
>
> Could you please announce this to the translators too, since there seems to
> be be something like a string freeze lift at moment. At least Krita got
> about 20 new/changed strings today... If you retag the release we have to
> transalte this messages too. For me this is not really a problem, but the
> other translators should know about this.
>
> Thank you and kind regards,

The string freeze lift is something I think Cyrille stated he wanted to do. At
least he announced it.
So, for translators the branch is explicitly for the 1.6.2 release.

In other words, the release manager will have to make sure he uses the l10n
data from the tagging date, and not later. With the effect that any changes
made by either the devs or the translators will not be for this release, but
for the next.

Developers;
we should mark each commit we want to move into the 1.6.1 release and get
someone with karma to commit them on the tag.
--
Thomas Zander