List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: licensing issues in koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-06 22:26:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 06 November 2006 22:38, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hello brave and sturdy hackers of koffice.
>
> is the goal to have kofficelibs under the LGPL? if so ...

Hi Aaron!

Yap, I ran the test already some time ago and fixed all the issues that
were pertinent back then.

> a quick licensecheck run across koffice lib headers reveals:
>
> flake/KoInputDevice.h: GPL (v2+)
Already fixed about a week ago.

> kofficeui/tkaction.h: GPL (v2+)
> kofficeui/tkcoloractions.h: GPL (v2+)
> kofficeui/tkcombobox.h: GPL (v2+)
> kofficeui/tktoolbarbutton.h: GPL (v2+)

Will not be shipped in 2.0
We'll organize a big 'cleanup' of kofficelib nearer the release.

> kotext/KoComplexText.h: QPL QPL (part of Qt)
> kotext/KoRichText.h: QPL QPL (part of Qt)

Will not be shipped in 2.0 due the the 'cleanup'.

> kformula/kformulalib.h: no copyright

I waited for the KFormula forward port to finish before we go over that
codebase :)

> kopainter/svgnamedcolors.h: no copyright
Autogenerated.

> kword/KWFormulaFrameSet.* by Ulrich Kuettler is GPL
Will not be shipped in KOffice2.0

> kwmf/qwmf.h is problematic. perhaps we could contact Stefan Taferner
> and thierry lorthiois to see if they'd be cool with LGPL instead?

Not sure if libs still is the best place.
Practically the kwmf library can be GPL since the only things that
actually uses them are filters/kword/mswrite and filters/karbon/mso
So we can just move the lib or mark it GPL instead. (I vote for the
latter).
Either way, I'll keep it on my schedule for the big libs cleanup closer
to the release of koffice2.0 :)

> kotext/DateFormatWidget.h: no copyright
> kotext/TimeFormatWidget.h: no copyright
> kwmf/kowmfstruct.h: no copyright