List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: CamelCase page names on the koffice wiki
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-11-05 1:00:45

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2006-11-04 22:53:

> On Saturday 04 November 2006 16:56, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>
>>I'd like to recommend not using currently obsolete CamelCase[1] page
>>names practice on the wiki, OK?
>

> Well, saying what should NOT be used is a bit confusing. What kind of
> naming _do_ you propose?

Natural-language naming of course, like in the Wikipedia we refer to quite
often. I didn't want to copy/paste the standard Wikipedia editing tutorial
here, so there are examples:

1. Creating new pages:
  [[FooBar]] -wrong
  [[Foo Bar]] -OK, now after saving changes, click on the (red) link and the
new page will get "Foo_Bar" part of the url automatically (so spaces are
translated to _). You can use [[Foo_Bar]] as well (by mistake or
intentionally) - it's not a problem for the mediawiki engine.

Read more about links at [1]

2. Exception: class names, or any other identifiers, etc.
  [[KoShape]] - if you want to have a page name like this, not a problem

For anyone planning to contribute with larger content, I recommend reading thw
whole document [2]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page#Links_and_URLs
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page

--