List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KPresenter ODP import
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-11-03 8:17:26

Hello Thomas,

> If there is anyone that is interrested in making the ODP import in
> KOffice be a little bit better, then please visit:
>
> http://testsuite.opendocumentfellowship.org/
>
> The site shows a pretty low score for KPresenter, and I was being very
> optimistic on scoring the files (stating OK for feature X while feature
> Y that the test depends on is not working).
> Seems there is a general problem with shapes being added without
> explicit coordinates.  I have to admit that I didn't spent a long time
> reading the spec so there may be some errors in the tests, in which
> case I'd love to hear them.

Most of the tests us presentation:placeholder which is not supported by
kpresenter and so most of the tests fail. I think the tests should not try to
test all features by using the presentation:placeholder. It should only be
used to test the presentation:placeholder feature. I tested if this is used
in a presentation created by OO but it is not used in the case the testsuite
uses it.

What could be done to improve the tests?

In the testsuite no values for the positions are given see:

<draw:frame presentation:style-name="pr1" presentation:class="title">

where as in odp saved form OO and kpresenter the positions are given

<draw:frame presentation:style-name="pr1" draw:layer="layout"
svg:width="25.199cm" svg:height="3.256cm" svg:x="1.4cm" svg:y="0.962cm"
presentat
ion:class="title">

and then the features work. I'm not sure if what the testsuite does is correct
or if it is wrong. For me the spec is not clear there.

I looked at the presentation effectAppear.odp. I change it so that it works
without problems in kpresenter. The problem however is that it no longer
loads in OOo-impress. I really don't like to write odf by hand as it is not
so easy to do.

There has been a namespace change and the tests are somehow using the old
namespaces. See E.2. Changes from "Open Document Format for Office
Applications (OpenDocument) 1.0 Committee Draft 2".

The error/misconseptions found  in the testsuite:
- They use the wrong namespaces
- They use a feature which is not needed (placeholder) to test other
features / which I'm also not sure if it is used correctly.
- Also I think there is an error with the used page layout.

here the errors found by oasislint

/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:4:50: error: element "page-layout" from
namespace "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:style:1.0" not allowed in
this context
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "page-width" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "page-height" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "margin-top" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "margin-bottom" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "margin-left" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:5:215: error: attribute "margin-right" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:8:133: error: attribute "x" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:8:133: error: attribute "y" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:8:133: error: attribute "width" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:8:133: error: attribute "height" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:8:133: error: required attributes missing
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:9:139: error: attribute "x" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:9:139: error: attribute "y" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:9:139: error: attribute "width" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:9:139: error: attribute "height" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" not allowed at this point; ignored
/home/hugo/odftest/org/styles.xml:9:139: error: required attributes missing
hugo@zaglno:~/odftest/org>
 > oasislint-strict content.xml
/home/hugo/odftest/org/content.xml:6:84: error: attribute "min-height" from
namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" not allowed at this point;
ignored

At least half of the stuff at the summery page should be supported by
kpresenter.

It makes me sad to here that kpresenter is not doing well but with so many
errors in the testfiles I don't think it is our problem. The tests should be
fixed.

I have attached the sample working in kpresenter (oo says it needs to be
repaired when loading)

Have a nice day,

Thorsten

["effectAppear.odp" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation)]