List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Small KOffice interaction design meeting in middle november?
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-11-03 1:17:59

On Friday 03 November 2006 01:01, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > * direct control over resources like website design, money,
> > donations, wiki, procedures (control is always nice, we're hackers,
> > ergo we're control freaks)
>
> We already have our own webserver and domain name. I personally don't
> see it as a big plus since I (and David) get to do extra work :)
> I'd much rather discuss with sysadmins to get a wiki up then do it
> myself.

Ah. So, turn koffice.org into a pw-protected wiki just like kexi-project.org
is? That would be very great!

> > * We're growing up: that means that a
> > desire to leave the nest is only natural and normal.
>
> Hehe :)
> I still can not honestly state that any app in KOffice is ready for use
> in the enterprise, so this feels like the kid in puberty that can now
> stay up past midnight thinking about getting a place of his own. That's
> premature IMO.

I guess parts of KOffice are pretty close to be at least as ready for
enterprise as there competitors. What doesn't mean that I would see
competitors like MS Access as enterprise ready. Well, I wouldn't even name
MSA "ready", but that's another topic :)

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc