List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: I18n bugs in kspread: untranslatable strings
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2006-10-23 16:17:18

Am Montag, 23. Oktober 2006 12:28 schrieb Sebastian Sauer:

> On Sunday 22 October 2006 21:05, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > again some untranslatable strings, this time in KSpread.
> >
> > In the Extras menu:
> > "Script Editor" -> plugins/scripting/scripts/scripteditor/ScriptEditor.rc
> > "Export to HTML File..." ->
> > plugins/scripting/scripts/exporthtml/ExportHtml.rc "Script Manager..." in
> > kspread/plugins/scripting/scripting.cc with i18n("Script Manager...")
> >
> > In addition all strings in the dialog "Export to HTML File" and all
> > menuitems in the dialog "Script Editor" are untranslatable.
> >
> > All these strings are not extracted to kspreads message catalog, possibly
> > an error in the messages target?

Sorry, forgot to say I found this in branch.

> i18n("Script Manager") comes from libs/kross/core/guimanager.* and there
> it's translated, or?

No, it is untranslatable in trunk, because there is no string "Script Manager"
in the message catalogs in trunk used by kspread.

> Re the both *.rc files; we have for sure the same prob with all scripts
> (also those one the user is able to fetch via GHNS). I am not sure such
> strings really belong to KSpread since e.g. the CopyCenter-script is used
> within Kexi and KSpread. The scripts do not use any translation-tech so
> far. Once in a while the idea was to use PyQt's/QtRuby's tr/i18n for it,
> but that could be only done for scripts that use on of them while there are
> scripts (like pilimport/pilexport in trunk) that don't.

But these scripts are shipped with kspread, and a german Joe User would expect
them to be translated.
Worst is, all menuitems with a shortcut in the dialog "Script Editor" are
partly translated, e.g. in file menu the item "New Ctrl+N" ist translated
to "New Strg+N", in the edit menu the item "Redo Ctrl+Shift+Z" ist translated
to "Redo Strg+Umschalt+Z"  etc. in a german locale with recent kspread 1.6.
This looks really strange!

Burkhard Lück