Thomas Zander said the following, On 2006-10-22 19:43: > Goals I think I reached: > * threadsafe > * be able to handle more than one concurrent action > * be safe > * be cancelable > * non-modal > * be fast > * be really easy to use > > Does anyone outside of Krita need this? Or is this something we can just put > in Krita? Great, Kexi 2.x (x is probably > 0) is going to be built on top of multithreaded data access, so many things there will be non-blocking. The progress classes in kofficecore could be usefull. Ideas: - create an thin interface for displaying progressbar's information (setRange(), setValue()) instead of depending on QProgressBar; at least two benefits: -- CLI mode can be possible to implement -- displaying progress information without QProgressBar can be possible (e.g. in Kexi's case painting QStyle "progress" primitive on a table grid, where a single cell's loading is very slow or delayed) Also, another step could be a TODO: a GUI for displaying sub-steps, e.g. like in KMail when multiple mailboxes are checked. -- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska (http://www.openoffice.com.pl/en) to work on Kexi & KOffice: http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries for MS Windows: http://kdelibs.com, http://www.kde.org _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel