List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: pdf import in KWord
From:       Martin Pfeiffer <hubipete () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-10-17 18:51:14

> Wrong, they can give you the position of each character in the page,
> although probably that is not enough either.
I think that is enough for basic text import. Btw it is also used by the
abiword stuff. If you can get each character's bounding rect you can use some
heuristics to form words and form the words into lines and so on... But as
far as I understood we are talking about more then text import here.

> I'll keep repeating even everyone keeps ignoring me that there is someone
> from the Abiword camp doing a pdf to xml outputdev using poppler and that
> this might be enough to get a odf file and if not enough a good start
> point. Tell me if you change mind and want to contact him.
No one ignores you and if you read the thread you would know that I already
pointed to the abiword stuff. I have to talk to the man doing that abiword
stuff what kind of xml output that is. But what I understood from the code it
is .abw oriented.