List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: EBN const-ref fixes for krita and libs
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-10-15 7:48:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 15 October 2006 00:05, Christian Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on the "inappropriate pass-by-value function args"
> issues reported for krita and libs
> (http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/bundled-apps/koffice/
>krita/index.html
> http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/bundled-apps/koffice/l
>ibs/index.html, section 11).
>
> I have the fixes for most of them on my HD (or will soon).
> I was asked to announce it before I commit the changes.
> Are there any objections against committing tomorrow afternoon?

I am not sure about this: the Qt documentation says explicitly that objects
like QImage, QByteArray and QPixmap are implicitly shared, with
copy-on-write, making it cheap and easy and preferable to pass them by value.
And wasn't there some thread some time ago on k-c-d about passing QString by
value being preferred to pass-by-reference nowadays?

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi