List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about KoZoomHandler
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-09-26 20:00:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 21 September 2006 17:58, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Having a KoZoomHandler (or a KoViewConverter) derived class which has an
> m_imageDpi variable and which does all these calculations internally might
> be the best idea.

Yes, I think I will need that. KoRuler takes a KoViewConverter, which is neat,
but KoGuiders takes a KoZoomHandler -- which cannot be extended and embraced
currently. That means I will have to make a bunch of the
methods in KoZoomHandler virtual and override them in a KisZoomHandler -- or
extract a KoAbstractZoomHandler from KoZoomHandler and make KoZoomHandler
implement both KoAbstractZoomHandler and KoViewConverter, and create a
KisZoomHandler that does the same. How would that be? I bet it will show up
underlying undoxed assumptions in the use of KoZoomHandler in the rest of
KOffice :-).

It looks, btw, as if setZoomAndResolution() does need the dpi of the output
device, if I look through the code. Shall I update the dox accordingly?

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi