List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Text layouting & multithreading
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-09-20 13:47:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 14:56, Thomas Zander wrote:

> While this is theoretically possible most C++ code won't respond well to
> being executed in another thread. I think nobody thought about coding
> thread-safe in KOffice before.

I did! Quite a lot. Unfortunately, my predecessors didn't. Although
multi-threading was a hot topic when KImageshop was started in 1999:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-kimageshop&m=93292984724425&w=2

:-)

Unfortunately, Krita doesn't do many things in actions -- selecting a tool is
an action, but using it not, and selecting a filter is an action, but running
it not yet. But as soon as I'm done with the canvas/tool thing, I'll
investigate it.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi