List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake vector shapes
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-09-05 3:41:33

Hello Thomas,

> A requirement I have is that if I select a rectangle at the same time I
> have a complex butterfly shape selected I don't want to see two similar
> looking tools in the dynamic section of the toolbox which I have to
> choose from.
> And to me the simplest way to do that is to have 1 tool. Any other
> solution sounds like a hack to me.

I don't know how do you come to this requirement you have set for you. All
which have contributed to this thread but you think that 2 tools would be
better. The tools are not similar. One tool is for manipulating the points of
a path object wether this is a start object or just a basic path object. The
other tools is for manipulating parameters of special shapes like stars.

This are two totally different thinks and I don't think we should mix them.
Sure they should not look the same, but that is work for the artists.

Thorsten