List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFD: loading/pasting/DnD in Flake?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-04 13:31:19

On Sunday 27 August 2006 10:26, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Maybe for copy and pasting we can creat a new odf document type which does not
> need to contain pages but only copied shapes. If this works good maybe it can
> be added to the standard so that copy and pasted between all apps supporting
> odf would be possible. David what do you think about this?

For KWord this works out of the box since it's not mandatory to define pages,
one can just start with paragraphs. For apps that are based on graphic objects,
isn't it possible already to describe objects without describing pages?
I would think so - and this would give us best (future) compatibility
(right now openoffice doesn't use the opendocument format for copy/paste
or DnD afaics...)