List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: For KWord: a mailmerge plugin for KexiDB
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-08-31 19:22:43

Martin Ellis said the following, On 2006-08-31 21:05:

> On Thursday 31 August 2006 19:43, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>>including _real_ CSV
>
> As opposed to artificial CSV?
>
> What does this mean?

Just a next iteration of to code, e.g. the one allowing to copy/paste the
stuff betweenm Kexi, OpenOffice.org Calc and KSpread. All this is going to be
available in 2.0, as the newer code is now not tied to a particular GUI.

>>it's hard to imageine you keeping the flake lib in
>>KWord just because the app is its "parent".
>
> As far as I understand it, other apps are, or will also be,
> flake 'parents'... it isn't just KWord that will use flake.

Sure. But parent <-> user in my term of 'parent' (origin) here.
Same for KexiDB's origin - Kexi.

Now, as Cyrille told me KWord 1.6 can be touched a bit to make the db
mailmerge available: any problems with moving kword mailmerge interface to
kofficecore or kofficeui or so? For 2.0 there could be better place (but I am
not fan of adding another library there because of startup time).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek