List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: For KWord: a mailmerge plugin for KexiDB
From:       Kai Klindworth <kde () kk-surf ! de>
Date:       2006-08-30 18:12:05

Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 19:14 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> I've said it before, and I'll repeat it;  we need a mailmerge interface
> (all pure virtual methods class) in the libs that different providers can
> then implement. Where Kexi can be one of them. Preferably as a plugin via
> the service provider mechanism.

What's the difference to the current state? The current mailmerge plugins
implements the virtual methods from koffice/kword/KWMailMergeDataSource.h and
KWord find these plugins via .desktop files with the servicetype
KWord/MailMergePlugin. And because of the fact, that I used only exported
methods, the plugin needs only kword-devel and kexi-devel to compile and not
the complete sourcecode of KWord/Kexi. So the plugin could be completly
independent from KWord/Kexi. And with this plugin you can still use
kspread/kabc/qtsql as source, because it doesn't replace something. It's just
a plugin besides the three others.

Kai Klindworth