List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: running kword 2.0?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-14 9:23:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 August 2006 22:36, Benjamin K. Stuhl wrote:
> Is this expected to work? zander, your blog (somehow) has some
> screenshots, are those from SVN?

The startup dialog you are seeing is due to 2 problems; The first is that
templates are not shown.  I have not had time to look at the reasons
behind this. Any one wiling to spent time on that is more then welcome :)
The custom page widget will be rewritten (due to new core features like
pagespreads) so its not visible yet.

I don't see the crash you see; but I start kword with the default template
(it used to be visible a long time ago :)
I suggest you start kword with one of the .kwd documents from the
koffice/kword/demos/ directory.

I'm currently rewriting the text layouting code and the parag/char styles.
For that reason you will see long documents look poorly and only .kwd
import will actually work (somewhat).

So, all in all, its in pretty poor shape, but progressing nicely (although
I am a little behind on my schedule).

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander