List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kpresenter and ODF complience.
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-08-05 11:29:39

On Saturday 05 August 2006 09:57, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Both are perfectly valid xmls, as far as I can see.  Not sure why you
> think the first is not correct.
>
> XML states that attributes in an element can be in any order.
> ODF states that any size can be specified using things like 'in' for inch.

The XML is ok that is not what is wrong. If you look at the values after you
open the document in OpenOffice it is not what is written in the xml. In the
xml the height is bigger than the width and its orientation is portrait. But
after you open it in OpenOffice it is different. It is (w x h) 28cm x 21cm
with no magrins at all! No idea where OpenOffice gets the new values from. As
I assumed that is what is wanted in the testcase I changed it. OpenOffice
will also save the <style:page-layout-properties/> tag like that when you
save presentation again.

Take also a look at Title.odp.

> This already works nicely in KWord, if KPresenter does not handle this,
> then the obvious question that comes to mind is: "why are they using
> different codepaths for this?".

It uses exactly the same code as kword uses. As allready said kpresenter
handles it without problems.