List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do with koshell for KOffice 2.0?
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2006-07-16 20:46:03

> and make it use plain flake shapes? would that be possible? because a
formula
> and a chart and also a spread sheet might be supported as plain flake.
There
> are a lot of possibilities, koshell could be a demonstration for a more
> future office workspace.

From what I understood, koshell is (or was) used as some kind of program
starter. The actual component (or application) was responsible do to the
actual functionality, e.g. create a new document.
I don't see how you want to achieve this with flake components.
Flake components are only visual components, you need still a container view
(and a model or document)

The document types/structures of e.g. KWord and Krita are sufficiently
different to make it infeasible to create a big common container
application.

Regards
Dirk