List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 plan for object embedding.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-14 12:45:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 14 July 2006 13:48, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> > I suggest kspread to create a flake that will print a pre-defined set
> > of cells. (x times y)
>
> The thing is, these cells can contain formulas so they may need to be
> recalculated every now and then, they can depend on other cells
> outside the given range - so basically it'd require full kspread to be
> loaded anyway, or a ton of functionality to be dropped in the flake
> version.

To be clear; its perfectly ok to remove any cell-data outside the given
range.

And I fully expect the full kspread to be loaded anyway. This is not about
stripping down kspread, this is about creating a different way to show
the cells-data.
For example; I expect the kspread shape to live in a subdir and to create
a plugin file (kspread_flake.a) by extending KoShape and having as one of
its members the data structure required for holding the data of the
visible cells.
It would use the kspread core library to access that data and it would use
the methods and classes from the core library to do all the calculations.
--
Thomas Zander