List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: how to compile with newest snapshot
From:       Sven Langkamp <longamp () reallygood ! de>
Date:       2006-07-12 0:41:42

Am Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 17:32 schrieb Casper Boemann:
> Hi just a short recipe for compiling koffice trunk (I assume that you
> already have done it before, so this is just to catch up with the snapshot)
>
> kde-support is no longer needed as qtdbus is now in qt-copy so just delete
> that
>
> update qt-copy and recompile (you might need to do a svn-clean to make that
> compile)
>
> update kdelibs_snapshot and recompile
>
> checkout trunk/KDE/kdepimlib and compile (just do as with kdelibs) use the
> revision from monday noon: svn co -r {20060704}
>
> update koffice and compile
>
> not all of koffice will compile yet but libs, kword, krita, kchart and
> kformula does

I finally got koffice to compile with these instructions, but when i try to
start krita i get the following:

kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca
from /home/kde4/.kde4/cache-dhcppc1/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca
from /home/kde4/.kde4/cache-dhcppc1/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): findFactory: we have no database.... launching kdeinit
krita: klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
krita: findExe(kdeinit, pstr, false) called
krita: findExe(): relative path given
krita: findExe(): returning /home/kde4/kde4/bin/kdeinit
findExe(klauncher, pstr, false) called
findExe(): relative path given
findExe(): returning /home/kde4/kde4/bin/klauncher
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 22248 result = 0
kdeinit: opened connection to :20.0
findExe(kded, pstr, false) called
findExe(): relative path given
findExe(): returning /home/kde4/kde4/bin/kded
kdeinit: Launched KDED, pid = 22249 result = 0
kio (KDirWatch): Available methods: Stat
kded: ERROR: KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus, error when calling
kdeinit_exec_wait:
Method "kdeinit_exec_wait" with signature "sasass" on interface
"org.kde.KLauncher" doesn't exist

kded:
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca
from /home/kde4/.kde4/cache-dhcppc1/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca
from /home/kde4/.kde4/cache-dhcppc1/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kio (KDirWatch): Added Dir /home/kde4/.kde4/share/apps/kconf_update
[KDirWatch-2]
kio (KDirWatch): Global Poll Freq is now 500 msec
kio (KDirWatch):  Started Polling Timer, freq 500
kio (KDirWatch):  Setup Stat (freq 500)
for /home/kde4/.kde4/share/apps/kconf_update
kio (KDirWatch): Added Dir /home/kde4/kde4/share/apps/kconf_update
[KDirWatch-2]
kio (KDirWatch):  Setup Stat (freq 500)
for /home/kde4/kde4/share/apps/kconf_update
kded: ERROR: KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus, error when calling
kdeinit_exec_wait:
Method "kdeinit_exec_wait" with signature "sasass" on interface
"org.kde.KLauncher" doesn't exist

kded:
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
kded: Error message was: com.trolltech.QtDBus.Error.UnknownInterface:
"Interface 'org.kde.KUniqueApplication' was not found"
kdeinit: PID 22249 terminated.
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca
from /home/kde4/.kde4/cache-dhcppc1/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): Could not open ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
findServiceByDesktopPath: kritapart.desktop not found
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
findServiceByDesktopPath: Office/krita.desktop not found
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: kritapart.desktop not found.
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Run 'kde-config --path services' to see
which directories were searched, assuming kde startup had the same
environment as your current shell.
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Check your installation (did you install
KOffice in a different prefix than KDE, without adding the prefix
to /etc/kderc ?)