List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Timeout
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-03 11:21:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 2 July 2006 18:34, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> It's funny, but I kinda saw this coming.  You were spread too thin.
>  When you first started working on Krita, you could concentrate on that
> and make real visible progress, and I think that was fun for you.  Then
> your responsibilities expanded to KOffice in general, then ODF, then
> accessibility, kdelibs4...  it's too much for any single person to
> handle.
>
> P.S. Thomas, I suspect you're headed towards the same thing.

Getting into a lot of different things isn't the problem; as long as you
can mentally switch focus without too much trouble, naturally.
The issue is when you start to feel responsible for too many things. Which
is why you really have to be able to say 'no' from time to time.

In fact; I'd say its extremely healthy to occasionally work on things not
immediately on your horizon.  Fixing bugs in KMail for a month some time
ago really helped me get some frustration out of my daily work. And I
made new friends :-)
Not to mention learn new things, which IMO is the most important part of
this hobby of ours.

Bottom line; feeling responsible for your work is good. Feeling that
responsibility is a liability means that you have to let go of some
control.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander