List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: Style Storage
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-22 10:36:58

On 6/21/06, Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus@kdemail.net> wrote:
> the decoupling of the Cell and Format classes, I made some time ago, was a
> small step towards a new style storage and I want to finish this stuff. But I
> need some input from you before.

Whatever you do, it should adress the two big problems that we
currently have with styles.

1. duplicate styles with same content. Currently, if I start with a
large area with default style, then change formatting of text to bold,
then each cell ends up with a NEW instance of Style, each being the
same. Same thing if I do that on multiple selections.

2. using up more memory than necessary - each Style holds all the cell
borders and whatnot, even if the cell has none. The problem would
become less important if problem 1 gets solved, so consider the first
problem of higher priority than this one.

/ Tomas