List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 1.6 configure issues
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2006-06-13 19:10:23

> > well ruby1.9 is a beta version, and it's not supported, maybe it works
> > (very unlikely) maybe it doesn't (very likely), please, install ruby1.8,
> > and report if there are still problems.
>
> My problem here was that ruby1.8 didn't come with a development version --
> or, at least, 1.6 was the only version adept offered. But ln -s ruby1.9 to
> ruby worked :-)
The old way allways works better : apt-cache search ruby | grep dev
("ruby1.8-dev - Header files for compiling extension modules for the Ruby
1.8"), package management on debian-based system is the only thing I still
have to see a ui programs that I will like to use ;)

If it works with 1.9, this is bad news, I was hoping some of the issue I had
with integrating ruby1.8 in kross would be resolved, on the other hand I
didn't report them...

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---