List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake / KOfficeUI usage of KoID.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-12 13:07:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 12 June 2006 14:47, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> You mentioned problems with the current approach and gave a list of
> requirements, but forgot to add your design document.

I typed this one parag that shows the direction I'm going;
> > For these reasons the usage of an identifyable String and a
> > (translated) name should be decoupled for tools and shapes. Where the
> > name is only present in the toolfactory and shapefactory and nowhere
> > else.

My Factory currently has these relevant methods:
    const QString& id() const;
    const QString& name() const;
    const KoID koid() const;

Where the KoID is created from the id and name.
All other usages (outside the Factories) of KoID are then converted to
only the use of the id field.

I'm preparing a patch currently; it'll take another hour before I get all
usages refactored to the new approach and correctly working again before
I actually have something to commit. :-)

--
Thomas Zander