List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: dutch article about KOffice 1.5
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-06-06 13:17:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:06, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > The article is 2/3 page and has two screenshots of krita, and tells that
> > krita is at least on par with the gimp and especially geared towards the
> > professional market. On a more negative, missing .doc filters are
> > mentioned, although the article is otherwise very positive.
>
> Missing .doc filter? Hmm, if it is meant to be MS Word document, KWord
> can import it since long time ago. Perhaps it does not support many
> features, but certainly the filter is there, not missing.

As far as I remember, the article said that support wasn't complete, not that
it was completely missing. But I cannot check, my daughter has got my copy of
iX in her school locker because she wants to show it to her computer science
teacher. He apparently doesn't believe that software outside MS Office can
exist.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi