List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    C++ help, please...
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-29 21:28:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I've been trying to fix this problem for too long; I must be missing
something obvious.

In Flake I have an interface for a canvas; the KoCanvasBase class.
I have another class, with a KoCanvasView::setCanvas() method that will
use the canvas in two ways; as a widget and it will talk to the object
via the above interface.

In KWord I have a KWCanvas which implements both:
class KWCanvas : public QWidget, public KoCanvasBase

I instantiate it and then pass it to the setCanvas call.  (done in the
KWGUI class) Obviously I need to downcast it either to QWidget or to
KoCanvasBase.

In the setCanvas method I then do a dynamic_cast.
Problem is that if I downcast to a KoCanvasBase the dynamic cast to a
QWidget fails.
Same problem; if I downcast to a QWidget the dynamic cast to a
KoCanvasBase gives me a nullpointer.

Anyone can restore the sanity by telling me WTF is going on? Or better;
fix the sources in koffice svn ;)
--
Thomas Zander