List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Smallish usability improvement idea for the koffice-1.5 startup dialog
From:       Jani-Matti =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4tinen?= <jani-matti.hatinen () iki ! fi>
Date:       2006-05-24 2:46:48

	Hello,

I uploaded a smallish (at least as far as appearance goes) improvement idea
for the koffice-1.5 startup dialog onto kde-look.org
(http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=39684).

Basically the idea is to improve the usability of the startup dialog by making
the Open existing document... and Open this document buttons much bigger than
they are in the current dialog.
  This is because these two buttons are perhaps the most often used ones in
the dialog, and therefore their diminutive size (in comparison to the other
visible GUI elements) makes them both harder to find (for a new user) and
harder to hit (for everyone).

Unfortunately I'm not (at least yet) well-versed enough in QT/KDE internals to
have a clue as to how difficult it would actually be to implement this. But
at least as far as string freezes and such go, this isn't a big change.

Thank you for your tremendous efforts in making koffice _the_ office suite for
me, which I enjoy using on an almost daily basis.
  Hopefully this idea is of some use to you.

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, so I would be most obliged if you could
CC me on this topic. (although I can read it from the archives just fine)

--
Jani-Matti Hätinen