List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice screen readers
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-05-21 16:42:37

Sorry, It took a bit longer till I amable to reply :)

On Thursday 18 May 2006 00:13, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> kword ==> kross ==> python ==> QObjects ==> AT-SPI
>
> In the second approach, the AT-SPI interface occurs through the QAccessible
> interface.  So the script creates QObjects and fills them with the data
> needed for the QAccessible interface.
>
> I'm assuming that Python has some
> means to create and manipulate QObjects?

Kross has, PyQt has. Python doesn't know anything about QObject's, but we are
able to pass "pointers" around and let whatever python-module which
understands QObject handle it. E.g. I do the same with the webserver-script
http://www.kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=36246 where Kross and PyQt
are talking through pure python.
I could also improve the existing code to create+fill QObject's dynamicly on
runtime and provide that way access to QAccessible.

> The Accessible Document
> links I mentioned previously give you some idea of what kind of information
> about the document is needed.  Sections, paragraphs, lists, fonts, frames,
> figures, etc.

I guess that would be a good way to start. I'll look next weeks more detailed
what we really need to have accessible from within the bridge, how
QAccessible* could be integrated into that.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc