List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compilation error in 1.6 (filters/krita/tiff)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-18 11:52:36

On Thursday 18 May 2006 11:42, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 11:23, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  It's not possible to compile the 1.6 branch due to an API change in
> > Krita. As I don't know the real names for colors, I better let it fix
> > by somebody who knows them. ;-)
> >

> Oops -- I forgot to commit my changes there. Another reason to move the filter
> plugins to the applications themselves.

Huh. That's how it used to be and then we moved the filters to their own dir.
I can't remember exactly why though. Probably to avoid recompiling them all when
the app changes, but of course there are two cases:
 - if the filter uses the application's API then it -should- be recompiled when the app changes
 - if the filter works on the XML directly then it doesn't need to be recompiled when the app changes,
 and is better in koffice/filters....
But I don't really want to have half of them in filters/ and half of them in the app dirs,
that would just make the matter confusing.